about     shop     contact         

Monday, June 9, 2014

My Wedding Workout Routine

Wedding Workout Routine

Hello everyone! Since we'll be in Mexico with our closet family and friends celebrating our wedding, this week I'm going to share some things I've learned over the last ten months planning this weeding. I'm no expert, but I do have a few tips that you mind find help! Today's post is sharing my wedding workout routine.

Several people have asked about my workout routine, so I wanted to share my experience and workouts with my readers. Please note, this program works for me and my body. I'd highly recommend taking it slow and/or see a trainer if you're just starting to lift weights for get back into the gym.

What I've found that work best for my body is lifting weights. It creates muscles and burns fat. I've never been a cardio bunny, but the few times I've tried to "run off the weight", I saw no changes to my body. I'd highly encourage women to hit the weight room and lift heavy. At first it might be intimidating, but after a few days you'll love the way your body starts to tone up! What surprised me the most, was how quickly I lost inches around my waist and became stronger.

So here's a look at what my week might look like at the gym. I typically do 8 exercises per day and it also changes week-to-week, but this will gives you a general idea. Every morning, my fiance and I get up  at 6am and go to the gym down the street. It's an easy walk, if you have to drive to your gym, I'd highly recommend joining the gym closest to your house. You're more likely to go! If you don't belong to a gym, don't sweat it. Do HIIT and buy a yoga mat and a few weights...big girl weights, like 10-20lbs. The next time you see a 3lbs weight, walk away. Pick up the 15lbs weight. I promise you'll thank me later!

Monday | Quads/Glutes | 3x12-15
Squats (one of my favorites)
Leg Press
Hip Thrusters
Bulgarian Split Squats
Leg Extension

Tuesday | Shoulders | 3x12-15
Lat Raises
Cling Press
Cable Upright Rows
Front Lat Raises
Overhead Dumbbell Press
HIIT

Wednesday | Back | 3x12-15
Lat Pulldown
One Arm Cable Rows
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows
Dual Cable Pull
Assisted Pullups (my favorite)

Thursday | Arms/Cardio | 3x12-15
Dumbbell Curls
Rope Tricep Push Downs
Overhead Cable Extensions
Barbell Curl
Robe Arm Curls
20-30 mins interval (jog/run) cardio

Friday | Hamstrings/Glutes | 3x12-15
Deadlifts
Walking Lunges
Lying Leg Curl
Seated Calve Raises
Leg Curls

Saturday | Chest/Cardio/Abs | 3x12-15
Incline Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell Flat Bench Press
Push Ups
Abs
20-30 mins interval (jog/run) cardio

Sunday | Rest

A few other things to keep in mind, I also had a healthy and well balanced diet. Fish, chicken, egg whites, fruits, veggies and water were my best friends. I also limited my salt, sugar and alcohol  intake. At first it was tough, but after a few weeks, you'll have it down!

If you're curious if I indulge, absolutely! Wine, cheese, chocolate, popcorn, pizza, hamburger, the list goes on. I try and limit these meals to 2-3 times per week. You'll find that eating healthy is addicting and can be a fun to create new recipes...plus you save a little money cooking at home!


Photo Credit Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia