about     shop     contact         

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wearing High Waisted Pants to Work


Good morning! Last night I stayed up late working on a few projects, hoping snow would begin to fall before heading to bed. Much to my disappointment, no snow. When I woke up this morning the streets were full of slush. Only the Manhattan rooftops were covered with white fluffy snow. Snow in New York is so magical. We're 20+ floors up in our apartment, so we have a view of the entire city when the snow falls upon NYC. This weekend the weather man is calling for more snow, crossing my fingers he's correct.

Two weeks ago I picked up these high waisted pants from H&M and I'm quickly incorporating them into my work wardrobe. These pants can be worn with a tucked in top or a sweater. This is the first time I wore a top tucked in with high waisted pants. I'm so fearful of the 1980s "mom butt"! However the pants fit great and looked professional and sleek with the tucked in blouse. The pants are a little too long for my liking, so I'll probably hem the bottom of the pants.

These photos were taken by my fiance, Matt. The last picture is a little different, but loved the way it turned out! Wanted to share!

Top :: Forever 21 (love here, here & here)
Pants :: H&M (similar here & here)
Heels :: Zara (similar here & love these
Bag :: Coach (similar here)
Necklace :: Bloomingdales (similar here)
Sunnies :: Chanel (similar here)
Lipstick :: Nars (similar here)
 photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo mail.png photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo pinterest.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia