about     shop     contact         

Friday, February 21, 2014

This Week in the Fashion and Business World Vol. 5


1. Watch this video of real women being PHOTOSHOPPED and their reaction. Like these women, this is something I've always wanted to experience; the hair, makeup, photos, editing, etc. But this video makes me wonder how I'd feel after seeing myself changed into a "perfect" version of myself. 

2. Most of you have probably heard, Facebook purchased WhatsApp for $19 Billion. What's so great about this acquisition is that the CEO went from FOOD STAMPS TO BILLIONAIRE. "If there's a will, there's a way!"

3. Read this article. It explains why it's so important to HELP OTHER WOMEN in today's business world. This is one subject I'm very passionate about. Throughout my career I've seen women stand in the way of another woman's career. Ladies, be nice to each other. 

4. The FASHION AND TECH world collide. Drones as the Fendi Milan fashion show.

5. SuitSupply released this ad campaign for their upcoming MEN'S SUIT collection. Some call it sexist, others call it vulgar.  I call it...stirring the pot. This company knew this would create controversy, thus driving millions to their website. 

6. Here are a few helpful lessons from the $800 MILLION girl scout cooking selling empire. 

7. Here are five reasons a CAREER in eCommerce is hot right now. 

8. I'm always fascinated by the list of the richest people in the world. This year, Forbes 2013 Billionaire list goes to 1,426 names with an aggregate net worth of $5.4 TRILLION. Wowzer!!! 

9. Big kudos to GAP for being the first retailer to higher minimum wage. Way to set an example for the rest of the industry!

 photo instagram.png photo bloglovin.png photo mail.png photo facebook.png photo twitter.png photo pinterest.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia